The Emergency Management Coordinator is responsible for preparing and maintaining an Emergency Operations Plan for Blawnox Borough. The Emergency Management Coordinator is appointed by and serves at the direction of Council and the Mayor. The primary duties of the coordinator include:
- Preparing Borough employees with the skills needed for an emergency response.
- Mobilizing the Emergency Operations Center during declared emergencies.
- Coordinating with the County EMA and relaying the information necessary for a respose.
- Allocate equipment and manpower in response to declared emergencies.
- Coordinate any emergency reponse with the Borough Manager, Police Chief and Fire Chief.